Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How Ya Duurrrrn?!

I know I haven't published a post in a long time. I just feel like I don't know what I could possibly post about, and then I end up writing some incredibly long piece and then discarding it in the end (which is great -- I still get everything out of my system).

Last couple of weeks have been rough. I overanalyzed some aspects of my life (once in a while, I do this), became a bit burned out, and then, in the end, surrounded myself with those I love. A simple dinner with my best friend, a trip to the local fire station and then the beach with my boyfriend, and just hanging out with a couple of people I love hanging out with really did it for me.

Interestingly, at my workplace, we are working a project on coping mechanisms for stressed-out adolescents. I laughed at some of the problems these kids were having. I then chuckled at the coping mechanisms like "hang out with a buddy," "play a sport," or "go shopping." The thing is, I keep my guard up, and rarely do I stress myself out to the point that I get anxious. On top of that, I absolutely hate when people complain about the little things in life. However, last week was a difficult time in my life. I actually ended up taking advice from the project and genuinely felt better about myself. Never will I laugh at coping mechanisms or "stupid problems" again.

Now, of course, my advice on those days you're feeling down in the dumps: hang out with a friend, get some ice cream, watch a FUNNY movie, do NOT read textbooks, and, finally, mix in some old school rap, like Tupac and Nas. Instant feel-good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment