Sunday, March 21, 2010

LAFD.

Here's a glimpse of what LA's finest does for a living.



Firefighters/paramedics have amazing skills. I interact with them on a daily basis, and I genuinely have the utmost respect for them. It's not every day you meet a person who does 24-hour shifts of constant runs around the city, picking up patients with medical emergencies (ranging from fatal chest pains to GSWs), helping them out, stabilizing their conditions, calling base hospitals, taking them to EDs, and getting everything precisely right without ANY mistakes. They're always waiting for the next call, and they see a lot of, for lack of better words, CRAZY SHIT. Did I mention they fight fire, too?

I believe I have the audacity to become a firefighter. I just may be lacking in the physicality department-- I gotta work on the guns, baby. Just Google CPAT. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment