Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Biosociality and Tupac Shakur

I had this very efficient schedule made for finals week. I was supposed to have completed reading chapters for Cognitive Psychology by Sunday, and I was supposed to have started my 20-page paper on the biosociality of diseases with genetic predispositions on Monday morning.

Truth of the matter is, I finished reading the [extremely theoretical yet very interesting] Cog Psych today (about 1 hour before my final), and I opened up MS Word to start my paper about 3 hours ago. I then decided that I should stop complaining so much about how much I SUCK at time management sometimes. Tupac Shakur helped me come to this conclusion through some sort of lyric along the lines of "always do your best, don't let the pressure make you panic..."

I'm currently listening to Buddha Bar, staring at my walls, and drinking water ... I think I just may attempt Yoga on my WiiFit before I sleep. I think that's one thing I genuinely like about myself -- even when I'm "stressing out," I can just kind of STOP stressing out through some sort of behavioral or psychological activation. (This can't be good, can it?!)

My friend said some nice words about me today when we were studying for psych: "Even when you have a billion things going on, you're just so relaxed." So yeah, let's all just relax. Get along. And floss. ;)

1 comment:

  1. alin. i love you. you inspire me in ways you won't believe. i meditated today...TWICE. yes, i meditate kinda weird right? i know. shitty ass day. hopefully tomorrows better. i love you. goodluck. ps i just got an e-mail from my teacher...i FAILED my frist care plan....you have no idea how furious i am...in first semester i had the BEST care plans.

    ReplyDelete