Saturday, February 27, 2010

Feeling Yellow?

I have to write a paper about a book about yellow fever's medical history. The book is about 380 pages long. The paper is due on Tuesday. Can this be done?

I keep finding things to do instead of reading. I cleaned my room, gave myself a spa facial, and researched Yellow Fever on Wikipedia, which ultimately led to me finding out about these really awesome signal recognition particles in cellular endoplasmic reticulum. Now, I'm blogging. Might as well write about something more interesting than SRPs.

Yesterday, I worked all day. I had a couple of meetings in the morning, followed by a few miscellaneous data entry tasks. Helped out with patients, met some clinicians, blah blah blah. The day ended with a small gathering at my supervisor's house, where I chit-chatted and had dinner with really well-known, "intelligent" people with lots of degrees. It was sweet. Sweet, but different.

Ah, I should get back to Yellow Fever. By the way, this disease is crazy-- fever of 105, body aches, vomiting blood eventually lead to organ system failure and delerium, and then you die. It's like a more acute (and worse) version of porphyria (which has one of the most interesting natural histories ever). And, apparently, it's re-emerging.

DOCTORRRRRRRRR!?

No comments:

Post a Comment